Wednesday 24 October 2012

DISCIPLESHIP


DISCIPLESHIP



Dear friends, being a disciple to Jesus is a most privileged one. Let us learn the discipleship from our Lord Jesus Christ, who is our great teacher and master.  Jesus said that “if any one comes to me does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whosoever does not bear his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple. Disciple has some qualification to follow and become disciple to Jesus. Here Jesus explains that if anyone follows Jesus should hate his father and mother and himself or herself. That means leaving everything and lives as a hermit or sanniyasi. The meaning of disciple is giving priority to the master or to teacher to follow him. The first place must be given to our master lord Jesus Christ. To become a disciple is to bear the cross that means to bear the sufferings and blames and harsh words for Christ’s sake. Without bearing the cross [suffering for his sake] anyone cannot be a disciple.


Jesus said to them, follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. Jesus called them to follow him. The first thing in discipleship is to follow Jesus Christ. Then obey the words to serve him. If we want to serve and do ministry, then we have to obey his calling. Peter and John, when they heard the calling of Jesus they have left their nets and boats and they have followed him.

Next thing in the discipleship is to be strong in our decision. Decision making is taking more importance in our calling, obeying, setting priorities and following Jesus. To serve and do his ministry we have to stand firm in our decision. Once we decide to follow Jesus, then no turning back, if we face difficulties, sufferings and any other disgrace. Decision taking is very simple, but to stand firm in our decision is very hard and temptation. When we take decision in our calling that will never fail, because one who called us for his ministry is faithful.  



 Other day Ruth took decision to follow her mother-in-law and she stood still.  That firm decision became a turning point in her life and it became good thing in her life. She decided to follow Naomi who was worshiping the God of Israel. She wanted to follow Naomi and wanted to live her and decided to follow her God of Israel. Ruth said, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people and your God my God. Where you die, and there will I be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts from you? Ruth found the living God and she decided to go after and follow the God of Israel, no turning back. Naomi understood Ruth’s not turning back decision.  One who decided to follow Christ must take not turning back decision. Jesus said,” no one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the Kingdom of God.


Discipleship is not a bed of roses, but it’s to follow Christ in the midst of thorns and pricking.  Paul explains his experience about his discipleship. I do not account my life of any value nor as precious to myself, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God.  When people were face suffering and hardship in the discipleship, people runaway from the Lord, who called them and appointed them in the ministry.  Let us decide to follow Jesus and decide to faithful in our calling, and discipleship. Lord we will follow you in our hardship and suffering. This is our strong decision Oh Lord., kindly strengthen us to be strong in our decisions. So we should be a strong witness to you.  Lord when I strong in my calling and discipleship, then I can win more souls for God. Lord helps me to do your ministry, even in the midst of thorns and pricking.



Dear friends, you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, and strengthen and establish you. Let us sing the song I have decided to follow Jesus; I have decided to follow Jesus, no turning back, no turning back. The cross is before me, the world is behind me, no turning back no turning back.  Let us march forward, and carry the banner of cross and tell that we have decided to follow Jesus and no turning back. Dear friends if you are decided to take the banner of cross and discipleship, 



kindly share with others and send your comments to my email ID. revsjc@gmail.com, revsjc12@hotmail.com, johnchelliah857@yahoo.com,   

No comments: