Sunday 9 September 2012

GOD’S INSTRUMENT IN THE DELIVERANCE OF ISRAELITES FROM EGYPT [MOSES]




The call of Moses: Ex: 3:4, 7-10, 12 –When the Lord saw that he turned aside to see, “God called to him out of bush, Moses, Moses!” And he said,” Here I am. Then the Lord said, “I have surly seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their cry because of their task makers.  I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a ‘ good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey. And now, behold, the cry of the people of Israel has come to me , I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel out of Egypt. He said, ‘But I will be with you, and this shall be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt,’ you shall serve God on this mountain.

God called and commissioned Moses to take leadership to redeem the Israelite people from the Egyptian’s bondage. But Moses refused to take leadership to redeem them out of the bondage from Egypt. He has realized his weakness and inabilities .Then the Lord said to him, who has made man’s mouth? Who makes him mute, or deaf or seeing or blind? Is it the Lord? Now therefore go and I will be with your mouth and teach you, what you shall speak. [Ex: 4:11-12]  And Jesus came and said to  them, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me , Go therefore and make disciples of all nations baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold I am with you always to the end of the age. [Math: 28:18-20]
These two passages explain that about God’s calling and great commission to do and accomplish God’s purpose of calling and his commission. God the father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob revealed Himself to Moses through the burning bush and the angel of the Lord himself spoke to Moses and confirmed that he is the instrument in God’s hand to deliver Israelite people from the bondage of Egypt. We can divide Moses’ life in three decades with 40 years. First part Moses’ birth and early 40 years, and he was hid three months in his parents’ house and Pharaoh’s daughter found him and named him as Moses[ I have found him out of water.], and equipped with all the might of the Egyptians’ education, arts and cultures. The name Moses the Hebrew verb ma~sha~h ‘To draw out’ or saved from the water. He had grown up and he was by now forty years old and he wanted to see his own people. [Acts: 7:23] I t is the more remarkable in that case, he so readily identified with the oppressed Israelite and he watched them at their hard labor. What was even more important was the fact God saw the Israelite s in their afflictions.
Moses fled from Pharaoh and stayed in the land of Median, during those days the king of Egypt died, and the people of Israel groaned because of their slavery and cried out for help. And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with ‘Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob.  Moses was keeping the flock of his father-in-law, Jethro. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. Then the Lord said, “I have surly seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a ‘good land, a land flowing with milk and honey. And now, behold the cry of the people of Israel has come to me, and I have seen also the oppression. Come, I will send you to Pharaoh that you may bring my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt. This Moses whom they [Israelite] rejected saying who made you a ruler, and a judge? This man God sent as both ruler and redeemer by the hand of the Angel who appeared to him in the bush .Moses request is for rather more than another divine name [Title] ‘I am that I am. The divine name would disclose something about the character of the God who had revealed himself to Moses, called and commissioned to redeem his people from the bondage of Egypt. But Moses said to God who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt.  God said that I will be with you, and this shall be the sign for you that I have sent you, when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve the Lord on this mountain. The Lord the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob has sent me to you. This is my name forever and thus I am to be remembered throughout all generations.
Moses has given powerful signs and authority to perform miracles. Jesus said to the disciples, all power is given to me in heaven and on earth, so I send you to preach the word of God and teach to make disciples. The same way God revealed his divine name and gave power to Moses to perform 3 miracles before the eyes of pharaoh and Egyptians. Moses was unwilling to accept God’s command and calling to deliver God’s people for his own lame excuse and other several reasons. 1` Moss might have no doubts about the revelation of God, which he had experienced, but he realized that the fellow Israelite would not easily be persuaded, the God of the fathers had again visited his people. Israelite were unfaithfulness to accept God’s revelation. 2 Moses even confessed to a feeling of disappointment that his encounter with god has left him an in-eloquent as before. God answered about his in eloquent speech. God said that every condition of man is in the control of god. [Is45:7]. 3. Moses said, Oh my God please send someone else. But God’s anger kindled against Moses and said is there not Aaron your brother the Levitt? I known that he can speak well, you shall speak to him put the words in his mouth and I will be with your mouth and you shall be as god to him. And take in your hand this staff with which you shall do the signs .Moses sent as both ruler and redeemer by the hand of God Who appeared in the bush. Moses led Israel people out performing wonders and signs in Egypt and at the red sea and in the wilderness for forty years.
Dear children of God, we cannot refuse god’s calling and commands, because he has chosen us, as his servant to do his will and accomplish his purpose. If we be like Moses relinquishes to accept his authority and divine powers .God will choose someone else to use as his instrument for his purpose. If we surrender ourselves to God’s authorities and power, he will be with us to use as a useful instrument on his hand. Jesus said that I am with you always to the end of the age so let us ready to accept his divine calling to deliver the people those who in bondage of the world.

No comments: