Saturday 15 September 2012

LAST WISHES OF ALEXANDER THE GREAT


THE LAST WISHES OF ALEXANDER THE GREAT











Dear children of God this article may help us to achieve goal of our life, and learning a lesson from the great Alexander’s last wishes. A man who was conquered the whole world with his might and valor. He conquered many countries including India. But alas, he was fallen in sickness, and wanted to see his mother and his country before his death. He diligently hurried up his army to return back to his country. The cruel sickness chased him to near the death. He could not able to reach his country to see his dear mother and his beloved country. He was sure about his death, so he called his chiefs of the army and asked them to fulfill his last wishes. They promised him to fulfill his last wishes of their beloved master, Alexander the great with tears.

  










What were the wishes of Alexander the great? 1. Only the doctors should carry my coffin. 2. While you were carrying my coffin to the grave-yard, on the way to the grave-yard you have to spread the gold, silver coins and precious stones and treasures which I have earned in my life. 3. Put a hole in my coffin and spread my two hands open, and write on the coffin nothing he carried.

The people were wanted to know the meanings of his wishes as they marveled. But no one came forward and dare to ask the meaning of his last wishes. At last a captain of his army came near to him and kissed his hands and asked him, O my Lord kindly tell us the meaning of your last wishes, which we surely fulfill. I would liked to reveal the meaning of my wishes which I learned in this world, and my people must know the meaning of my wishes so that my life should be a lesson to them.










First thing the doctors only must carry my coffin, because any doctor could give complete healing to nobody. They could not deliver anybody from their dying bed, only God can, that my people are enjoying life as they wish should know. Secondly the people highly esteemed precious treasures are put on the way to grave-yard that I have toiled hard to receive it, but I could not carry with me. Toil hard to gain the treasures of the world is waste of time. For whoever would save his life, will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?  Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? [Mathew16:25, 26]. Thirdly I did not bring any thing when I was born in this world. Even now I am going to leave this world, carrying nothing. I go with empty handed and by saying this life ended. Job said, naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. [job1:21]

 












Dear friends let us consider our ways and life, whether we toil hard for nothing, or gain something. If we gain the whole world and lose our soul, then what is the profit of living? Let the last wishes of Alexander the great may gear up our life to find eternal life. If you are blessed by this article, kindly introduce to your friends and relatives and let me know your comments, please send it to my email ID. revsjc@gmail.com. revsjc12@hotmail.com, johnchelliah484@yahoo.com.  

 

 

No comments: